I believe that the biggest impact will be made through my confidence with technology. I know that I will be able to use some of the new technology in the classroom. The students will enjoy using this technology in their projects.
This has helped me to better understand the process in planning a project for the student. We can always take the asssignment from the book and put it front of a student with minimal effort. With these tools I can help the student answer the important questions, become more accountable for his/her on work.
I think that the biggest impact is the essential questions. It helps to make ME think about what the big questions are so that I can make it relevant in their lives. Also, just getting them on the computers will make them more interested in the topic. I hope that if they learn it and find the information on their own that they might think it is more interesting or remember it more.
I think this class has given me great insight into how much time must go into setting up a good project. The essential questions are a great way to get the kids interested in the project and subject. Turning over more of the class to the kids will be challenging for me, but I know it will work out for the best in the long run.
The most important insight I received from this course is the overall management ideas for creating a project. I have felt that the projects I have implemented into my class have always not achieved the expectations I had planned. I now know that I was not prepared enough for these projects. The information I received in this course has prepared me to create and implement much more organized projects into my lessons. With this information I should be able to get the projects to reach their full potential.
I think this class have given me insight into what a student centered room is. Looking back on my first year, I can see that the majority of the time was teacher based. Working through this project has taught me how to integrate technology into my classroom and make it a student centered based class with students answering students questions.
This course has given me a more vast outlook as to methods that are available to open the minds of my students through CFQ and other questioning methods. It, also, provided me with more methods to move into a more effective facilitator role in the classroom. This enables the students to be more confident and independent in their roles. This provides them with a foundation for the next level of education which is college.
I think just the way I think about projects has changed. As I created my sample I realized the specific things I wanted students to do. Sometimes I don't explain myself and student's projects are not what I expected. By creating the sample I was able to create a checklist with direct instructions. I feel more comfortable using many applications- such as blogs, wikis and power points. That is helpful too!
My students love to go to the computer lab, so by implementing technology into more of our assignments the students will be motivated to tackle the assignments and have fun.
My use of technology in the classroom will go new levels. I will find ways to show them how to create different presentations for their class projects. I feel with some simple steps students could put together a power point for a great presentation. I could also have older students come in to help with students technology creations.
The use of technology in my classroom is very limited, but my students will be able to see/observe it being used. Projects are a great way of getting students involved. Templates are a great idea for getting the project started.
Well, I think there are several items that can have an impact. CFQ's are a great way to start your unit. You can get your studtent's attention right from the beginning. I believe assessments during the project are needed to make sure the project it complete. Checklist can be very effective in this process of the project. Finally, I like to end with a KWHL. I believe the "How" is important especially when you are introducing new technology.
I think that the greatest learning tool that I got from this class was the blog. I am really excited about getting my students involved and letting them do some things on their own.
I also enjoyed all the websites that we received that helped with other aspects.
This could be overwhelming if it was not broken into pieces. I think it will be beneficial to my students as well as me. The blog is definitely an asset in coordinating outside the classroom. I look forward to implementing more technology in my classroom. The planning required for implementation is the long pole in the tent but not insurmountable.
The most important thing I have learned is the variety of websites and technology I will be able to use in my classroom now. As a new teacher I didn't have many of these resources last year, so I think that having these resources will make for a much better year next year.
The most important/useful thing I've learned is that I can (or will) eventually be able to do this--hopefully more efficiently and with less stress ! Unfortunately, I've also gotten a greater appreciation for how much more there is to learn.
The most important thing I have learned is the new uses of technology that will be used in the group setting. I look forward to using the computer even more in the class room then I have and introducing the kids to the world.
I think the blog will have the biggest impact on student learning. I am very excited about implementing this into my classroom. I have already set up the blog and will use it on the very first day of school. The kids will find this very interesting and fun. I also learned a ton of new computer and internet sites I can use to peak student interest with presentations, attachments, and ease of internet use.
The biggest impact…lots of different impacts, so it’s hard to pick just one. The biggest on implies that it’s something major that impacts on everything involved in the way our students learn. That would have to be in the lexicon of “Project Learning” that has given me a new perspective on how to look at what we do. The new viewpoint along with the vocabulary and tools picked up in this course will allow me to improve my teaching process to better influence my cadets.
This course has opened my eyes to new way of planning. I was made to rethink the way I plan projects. Being required to create a student sample and the rubric let me adjust my expectations. The ideas I learned in this class has increased my confidence in using technology in my lessons.
I believe that the idea of developing the cfq's as a means of showing the value of the topic is important. I have had many talented students that had a hard time buying into my class because they couldn't see it's connection with their lives and what they were interested in. Also, the 21st century skills involved in collaboration and time management will be invaluable to my students. Lastly, the stages of corriculum development in the course will have a huge impact on how I develop my class lessons and thus how the students will operate in my class.
The most useful tool that I learnt in this course is all the tools from internet that I had the opportunity to explore like google docs and the blogs and I look forward to can implement some of them in my class
Of everything you learned, what do you think will have the biggest impact on student learning? In order for students to become a 21st century learner, I must become a 21st century teacher that is brave enough to be stretched beyond his boundaries. The technology of this course has pushed me light years into the future. " live long and prosper"
Using technology on a regular basis will have the biggest impact on student learning in my classes. This course has helped me become familiar with a number of resources for my students. With this insight, I can confidently present 21st century technology in my classroom. This willb e have the greatest impact on my students and their learning.
i got what i wanted and needed out of this course-- a new student-centered way to teach this unit, with me acting more like a facilitator. i also learned how to incorporate technology and help prepare my students for real-world applications.
I think the fact that we are incorporating technology and blogging in lessons will have the biggest impact on students learning. Instead of teachers telling students to "get off that blog" they will be telling them go to the course blog and blog about it, blog to your friends and let them know how you feel about their thoughts and ideas. We will be embracing the technology generation, and I think students will really appreciate that.
The technology learned, and the structure of planning a student-centered project will be extremely useful as I learn to let go of the 'sage-on-the-stage' approach. Students who are engaged through a project such as this will be able to make better connections to the real world of mathematics so that they will no longer need to ask 'why do I need this?'
I believe that the biggest impact will be made through my confidence with technology. I know that I will be able to use some of the new technology in the classroom. The students will enjoy using this technology in their projects.
ReplyDeleteBrandy
This has helped me to better understand the process in planning a project for the student. We can always take the asssignment from the book and put it front of a student with minimal effort. With these tools I can help the student answer the important questions, become more accountable for his/her on work.
ReplyDeleteI think that the biggest impact is the essential questions. It helps to make ME think about what the big questions are so that I can make it relevant in their lives. Also, just getting them on the computers will make them more interested in the topic. I hope that if they learn it and find the information on their own that they might think it is more interesting or remember it more.
ReplyDeleteI think this class has given me great insight into how much time must go into setting up a good project. The essential questions are a great way to get the kids interested in the project and subject. Turning over more of the class to the kids will be challenging for me, but I know it will work out for the best in the long run.
ReplyDeleteThe most important insight I received from this course is the overall management ideas for creating a project. I have felt that the projects I have implemented into my class have always not achieved the expectations I had planned. I now know that I was not prepared enough for these projects. The information I received in this course has prepared me to create and implement much more organized projects into my lessons. With this information I should be able to get the projects to reach their full potential.
ReplyDeleteI think this class have given me insight into what a student centered room is. Looking back on my first year, I can see that the majority of the time was teacher based. Working through this project has taught me how to integrate technology into my classroom and make it a student centered based class with students answering students questions.
ReplyDeleteThis course has given me a more vast outlook as to methods that are available to open the minds of my students through CFQ and other questioning methods. It, also, provided me with more methods to move into a more effective facilitator role in the classroom. This enables the students to be more confident and independent in their roles. This provides them with a foundation for the next level of education which is college.
ReplyDeleteI think just the way I think about projects has changed. As I created my sample I realized the specific things I wanted students to do. Sometimes I don't explain myself and student's projects are not what I expected. By creating the sample I was able to create a checklist with direct instructions. I feel more comfortable using many applications- such as blogs, wikis and power points. That is helpful too!
ReplyDeleteMy students love to go to the computer lab, so by implementing technology into more of our assignments the students will be motivated to tackle the assignments and have fun.
ReplyDeleteMy use of technology in the classroom will go new levels. I will find ways to show them how to create different presentations for their class projects. I feel with some simple steps students could put together a power point for a great presentation. I could also have older students come in to help with students technology creations.
ReplyDeleteThe use of technology in my classroom is very limited, but my students will be able to see/observe it being used. Projects are a great way of getting students involved. Templates are a great idea for getting the project started.
ReplyDeleteWell, I think there are several items that can have an impact. CFQ's are a great way to start your unit. You can get your studtent's attention right from the beginning. I believe assessments during the project are needed to make sure the project it complete. Checklist can be very effective in this process of the project. Finally, I like to end with a KWHL. I believe the "How" is important especially when you are introducing new technology.
ReplyDeleteI think that the greatest learning tool that I got from this class was the blog. I am really excited about getting my students involved and letting them do some things on their own.
ReplyDeleteI also enjoyed all the websites that we received that helped with other aspects.
This could be overwhelming if it was not broken into pieces. I think it will be beneficial to my students as well as me. The blog is definitely an asset in coordinating outside the classroom. I look forward to implementing more technology in my classroom. The planning required for implementation is the long pole in the tent but not insurmountable.
ReplyDeleteThe most important thing I have learned is the variety of websites and technology I will be able to use in my classroom now. As a new teacher I didn't have many of these resources last year, so I think that having these resources will make for a much better year next year.
ReplyDeleteThe most important/useful thing I've learned is that I can (or will) eventually be able to do this--hopefully more efficiently and with less stress ! Unfortunately, I've also gotten a greater appreciation for how much more there is to learn.
ReplyDeleteThe most important thing I have learned is the new uses of technology that will be used in the group setting. I look forward to using the computer even more in the class room then I have and introducing the kids to the world.
ReplyDeleteI think the blog will have the biggest impact on student learning. I am very excited about implementing this into my classroom. I have already set up the blog and will use it on the very first day of school. The kids will find this very interesting and fun. I also learned a ton of new computer and internet sites I can use to peak student interest with presentations, attachments, and ease of internet use.
ReplyDeleteWay to go guys!!! Thank you :-)
The biggest impact…lots of different impacts, so it’s hard to pick just one. The biggest on implies that it’s something major that impacts on everything involved in the way our students learn. That would have to be in the lexicon of “Project Learning” that has given me a new perspective on how to look at what we do. The new viewpoint along with the vocabulary and tools picked up in this course will allow me to improve my teaching process to better influence my cadets.
ReplyDeleteThis course has opened my eyes to new way of planning. I was made to rethink the way I plan projects. Being required to create a student sample and the rubric let me adjust my expectations. The ideas I learned in this class has increased my confidence in using technology in my lessons.
ReplyDeleteI believe that the idea of developing the cfq's as a means of showing the value of the topic is important. I have had many talented students that had a hard time buying into my class because they couldn't see it's connection with their lives and what they were interested in. Also, the 21st century skills involved in collaboration and time management will be invaluable to my students. Lastly, the stages of corriculum development in the course will have a huge impact on how I develop my class lessons and thus how the students will operate in my class.
ReplyDeleteThe most useful tool that I learnt in this course is all the tools from internet that I had the opportunity to explore like google docs and the blogs and I look forward to can implement some of them in my class
ReplyDeleteOf everything you learned, what do you think will have the biggest impact on student learning? In order for students to become a 21st century learner, I must become a 21st century teacher that is brave enough to be stretched beyond his boundaries. The technology of this course has pushed me light years into the future. " live long and prosper"
ReplyDeleteUsing technology on a regular basis will have the biggest impact on student learning in my classes. This course has helped me become familiar with a number of resources for my students. With this insight, I can confidently present 21st century technology in my classroom. This willb e have the greatest impact on my students and their learning.
ReplyDeletei got what i wanted and needed out of this course-- a new student-centered way to teach this unit, with me acting more like a facilitator. i also learned how to incorporate technology and help prepare my students for real-world applications.
ReplyDeleteI think the fact that we are incorporating technology and blogging in lessons will have the biggest impact on students learning. Instead of teachers telling students to "get off that blog" they will be telling them go to the course blog and blog about it, blog to your friends and let them know how you feel about their thoughts and ideas. We will be embracing the technology generation, and I think students will really appreciate that.
ReplyDeleteThe technology learned, and the structure of planning a student-centered project will be extremely useful as I learn to let go of the 'sage-on-the-stage' approach. Students who are engaged through a project such as this will be able to make better connections to the real world of mathematics so that they will no longer need to ask 'why do I need this?'
ReplyDelete